Maybelline's The Rock Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

06:41

Hey Everyone!

I had the best long weekend at my cottage and arrived back home yesterday morning. I absolutely love being able to spend some time during the summer up at the cottage! The days are responsibility-free and are loaded with lots of eating, swimming, more eating, and campfires. How can anyone hate that?

Before I left I tried out a couple of looks using Maybelline's The Rock Nudes eyeshadow palette and I wanted to review it for you all. You know I'm all about saving money and finding good quality products for cheap so I was really hoping this palette would work out. I got this palette as a gift and when I first saw it I thought the colours were gorgeous. They even have some unique colours like a sparkly teal and a deep plum purple for anyone who wants to adventure out and create a more bold eye look.



One of the most helpful features of the palette is the info they provide you with on the back. There's 3 different ways in which you can categorize the eyeshadows in the palette, and there are diagrams to help you figure out colour placement on the eye. Very helpful if you're new with makeup and not really sure what to do. Of course if you're more advanced you can easily just create your own look with whatever colours you choose.


Now it's time to get to the actual product! I found most of the colours to be pretty pigmented and blendable, but some were also chalky and clumpy. The lighter shades in the palette tend to be chalky and not easy to work with, while some of the darker shades can create quite a bit of fallout. For a drugstore eyeshadow palette I do have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it. The eyeshadow formula isn't the greatest, however for the price you're paying you can create quite a few wearable looks.

Here's the look I created up close and in different lighting:



I created this look by applying the white shade from lash line to brow bone and then used the top brown shade (#4) as my transition colour. I then deepened the outer V with a touch of the black shade and finally used the sparkly light shade (#7) on my lid. I then used the black shadow to create the wing instead of using eye liner. 

Let me know if any of you pick up this palette and tell me what you think! Should I try out the other palettes in the collection?

Do you have bloglovin? Use the button at the top of the page to follow me on bloglovin and I’ll check out your blog! I follow back similar blogs :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh wow that's a gorgeous palette! I love the looks you made with it xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love the colours! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I've read a lot of reviews saying this isn't worth picking up, but now that I read about your experience, maybe they're expecting high-end quality from a drugstore brand? LOL. I haven't tried any of the palettes from Maybelline yet, but I'm really curious. I think they came out with a bright-colored one recently, too.

    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly! If you compare this palette to a Too Faced or Urban Decay palette, you're definitely not going to be satisfied with this product. People have to remember that its $9, not $50, so the quality is going to be much cheaper. I do find that if you put a higher end primer on (I used the urban decay eyeshadow primer) it really helps! Let me know if you try one of their palettes and tell me what you think!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images