Homemade Face Mask For Dry Skin

11:36

Hello Everyone!

My skin has been super dry lately and so I wanted to try a moisturizing face mask to see if it would help. I looked up some recipes for homemade face masks and found that oatmeal is really helpful for dry skin. The recipe I found was from this website: http://skincare.allwomenstalk.com/amazing-homemade-face-masks-for-dry-skin and they have a ton more to choose from!


It calls for:
- 1 tablespoon of oat bran or oatmeal (cooked) (I used oatmeal)
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 table of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (I used coconut oil as a substitute)
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of bee pollen (optional- I did not include it)


I noticed the mask was quite liquidy so I added a few more tablespoons of oatmeal to thicken it up a bit. I kept the mask on my face for about 10 minutes and then rinsed it off. I found that it worked wonderfully and didn't leave my face dry and tight as other face masks have. Oatmeal masks are also used for acne and I noticed my current breakout reduced in redness. It also smelled delicious!

The leftover mask should stay good for about a week and I plan on using it at least once a day for the rest of the week. I'm so happy I actually found something that moisturizes my face! Let me know if any of you give this a try and let me know how it works!

Jessiré

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images